Thursday 17 September 2015

director and genre review


Image result for steven spielberg I chose to write about Stephen Spielberg as my chosen director review. Stephen has produced some of the best world wide known films such as: Jurassic park, jaws, saving private ryan, catch me if you can,E.T, Indiana Jones, war horse and many other successful movies. I chose to write about Stephen Spielberg, as he has produced some of my favorite films. Stephen is aged 68 and was born in  Cincinnati, Ohio, United States. He is one of the most influential and successful film directors in the entire world. My personal favorite film of his is Jurassic park which was produced in 1993. For those of you who are not aware of this film, it is about  a theme park suffers a major power breakdown that allows its cloned dinosaur exhibits to escape. It is a adventure, sci-fi and a thriller. It is a very captivating in the film, and on IMBD it was given a 8.1 out of 10. Spielberg attended  Arcadia High School in Phoenix for three years, and then moved to , California, where he later graduated froSaratoga High School in 1965. Stephen then later attended a university on film school.








genre: A genre is what categorizes a film, e.g thriller adventure sci-fi etc.

my top three favorite genres, would be: romantic comedies, comedy and thriller. I enjoy the typical girly chick flick type films, but then also enjoy the thriller films such as the taken franchise.  I enjoy comedies too, as i love a good funny films such as step brothers. (ONE OF MY FAVORITE FILMS!) I think genres are important, as it helps separate and categorize films into their own groups. For example you couldn't have the horror film "the grudge" be in the same category as the romantic comedy "love Rosie" as it would be confusing and much more difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment